Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Verdict is.....


So I heard back from the Kissimmee job and I'll start on the 28th as an Adult Senior Counselor helping those recovering from substance abuse. I'm nervous working with a population that I haven't before, but excited to learn new things. I'm worried that the hours won't count towards my MFT licensure, so I need to find that out ASAP. See when I applied, it said family and youth, but then it seems to only be adults. But I interviewed anyway because I mean at this moment I can't be picky you know.

Now the Tampa job that focuses on going into at-risk family’s homes is soooo down my alley and I could learn so much. I had my 3rd interview on Thursday and it was full of clinical scenarios that I felt very good about. Just made me want to work there more. They want me to do a ride along... I don't know when I can do that, when I don't come back till the 25th and they closed on the 26th and I start the other job on the 28th... Too much going on. I like this job because it pays 2000 a yr. more and I automatically will get a 3000 raise every 6 months for 2 years. They pay for licensure. The only thing is, it's in Tampa and while the hubby is on board to move, we would need a place to stay and find him another job ASAP or else we would essentially be in the same boat we are in now with one income.

I'm starting to think maybe I can talk with the director and see if maybe I can start later than Jan 3. Maybe I can try it again in early summer. It's sad because it seems it would be great and I know the Tampa job is more work: 24hr on call on weekdays, driving as far as 80 miles to visit homes (they reimburse me for it). Court cases etc.

So I think what is best for my family is to remain here and gain a new professional facet. I think it'll be interesting, stressful, overwhelming and great all at once. Hopefully the Tampa job can work something out. If not then it wasn't meant to be. I just hope I’m not mistakenly going left when I should be going right on what God has planned for me.

Time will tell.....

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment